Anyway, my friend Dottie, asked for some help and I think it would be important to share with you as well, what I shared with them. I've been re-learning marketing for the internet world. When I got my degree, the web was just taking off and Amazon was only a jungle in South America.
Here's some of the best tips I gave her and some links to study further if you wish to delve deeper into the marketing world. Now I'm giving it away... but if you want to send me something in exchange for this info, I would great appreciate it if you bought tickets to our next show: The All Male Revue!
Buy tickets here!
First, ask yourself these questions.
- How much time do you have a day to spend on average and are there any others days where you have more time?
- How much money is in the ad budget?
- Where do you spend ad money?
- Are the performers all available during one of this weekend's days to gorilla market on embarcadero to height to mission?
Now get busy.
- Edit the event every day.
- Give tickets away.... Friday promo.... Free pasties for anyone who buys a ticket, free fascinator, free ticket to Friday show. Etc.
- Get on the radio.
- Shoot a commercial. Get all the performers to upload 20-60 Second video of relatable topic info.
- Use keywords. New. Never been seen before. Groundbreaking. Thought provoking. Inspired by.... Sensational.
- Put quotes up daily. A different quote from a different performer daily. Open the PR zone with one person's quote and end with another.... The PR zone is 1-4pm for facebook and different times for others coming soon.
- Get on squids list.
- Contact the arts editor of The papers.
- Street team flyer the neighborhood 3-4 nights before and post up in and on the building.
May your days be bubbly and your nights be on fire!